Considered to be the first public playground in the City of Sydney in 1913, then revolving into a kindergarten in 1925, to be selected for undertaking the Upgrade works of the Lance Preschool was humbling to say the least! And it's not every day you get to work alongside an Archaeologist!
Enabling children to grow and develop to their full potential through play-based activities is a key focus of KU Lance, and we were thrilled to help with their mission!
Works included the demolition of existing playground, protection of existing heritage sandstone walls, established trees and other retained elements, plumbing, electrical, stormwater drainage and services, construction of timber decking, metal fencing, raised concrete formed sandpit with tap and water flow feature, paving, concrete works and installation of automatic security gate and video audio system.
Feature artwork, signage, sandstone stepping stones and walking planks were incorporated, together with the supply and installation of the new playground and its elements, including softfall rubber, artificial turf, chicken coop, complimented with softscapes (mulch and plants).